Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dr Horrible: metaphor for my life or simply my inner child having fun?

I adore Dr Horrible. Dr Horrible is a mad scientist who loves Penny from across the laundromat and dreams of joining the Evil league of Evil and of vanquishing his arch-nemesis Captain Hammer. I feel a great kinship and sympathy for this fictional person. And I'm trying to figure out why, hence my title.

One of my fave internet-borne quotes is:

Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study hard, be evil.

Logically this would mean that librarians are one of the singlemost evil groups of people on the planet. However, this is not the case. But it is a good reminder that we have a lot of power to change people's lives, for the good or bad, by providing or failing to provide good information.

Librarians are made of awesome. As the Green brothers say: Don't Forget To Be Awesome (DFTBA) .

And why do I like Dr Horrible so much other than what it contains? Because creativity abounds in it's presence. Made for the internet out of love and favours, it lives free.

No comments: